Anonymous, 2008. Three-parent embryo formed in lab. BBC News, 5 February. Available from: <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7227861.stm/>.
- Mitochondria in human offspring derived from ooplasmic transplantation.Hum. Reprod. 2001; 16: 513-516
- Black as me: narrative identity.Developing World Bioethics. 2003; 3: 142-150
- ‘Babies with some animal DNA in them’: a woman’s choice?.Int. J. Feminist Approach. Bioethics. 2009; 2: 75-96
- The self in situ: a relational account of personal identity.in: Downie J. Llewellyn J. Relational Theory and Health Law and Policy. UBC Press, Vancouver2011: 109-131
- The inevitability of genetic enhancement technologies.Bioethics. 2004; 18: 1-26
- Radical rupture: exploring biological sequelea of volitional inheritable genetic modification.in: Rasko J.E.J. O’Sullivan G.M. Ankeny R.A. The Ethics of Inheritable Genetic Modification. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge2006: 131-148
- Ethics of mitochondrial gene replacement: from bench to bedside.Br. Med. J. 2011; 342: 87-89
- Ethics of modifying the mitochondrial genome.J. Med. Ethics. 2011; 37: 97-100
- Birth of infant after transfer of anucleate donor oocyte cytoplasm into recipient eggs.Lancet. 1997; 350: 186-187
- Ooplasmic transfer in mature human oocytes.Molecular Human Reproduction. 1998; 4: 269-280
- Pronuclear transfer in human embryos to prevent transmission of mitochondrial DNA disease.Nature. 2010; 465: 82-85
Downie, J., Baylis, F., 2013. Transnational trade in human eggs: law, policy, and (in)action in Canada. J. Law Med. Ethics 41, 224–239.
- Financial incentives in recruitment of oocyte donors.Fertil. Steril. 2004; 82: S240-S244
Hayden, E.C., 2008. A step towards three-parent babies? Nature News, 6 February. Available from: <http://www.nature.com/news/2008/080206/full/news.2008.560.html/>.
- The incidence of both serious and minor complications in young women undergoing oocyte donation.Fertil. Steril. 2008; 90: 2165-2171
Nuffield Council on Bioethics, 2012. Novel Techniques for the Prevention of Mitochondrial DNA Disease: An Ethical Review. Available from: <http://www.nuffieldbioethics.org/sites/default/files/Novel_techniques_for_the_prevention_of_mitochondrial_DNA_diseases_compressed.pdf/>.
- Mitochondrial DNA mutations in human disease.Nat. Rev. Genet. 2005; 6: 389-402
Whitehouse, D., 2001. Genetically altered babies born. BBC News, 4 May. Available from: <http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/1312708.stm/>.