- •Twin pregnancies resulting from frozen embryo transfer have better perinatal outcome.
- •The ‘frozen’ group had higher birthweight and lower risk of low birthweight infants.
- •The ‘frozen’ group had lower incidence of spontaneous second trimester miscarriage.
- •No difference was found between groups regarding gestational age at birth.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Perinatal outcome in fresh versus frozen embryo transfer in ART cycles.Int. J. Reprod. Biomed. 2016; 14: 167
- Neonatal health including congenital malformation risk of 1072 children born after vitrified embryo transfer.Hum. Reprod. 2016; 31: 1610-1620
- Neonatal outcome of 937 children born after transfer of cryopreserved embryos obtained by ICSI and IVF and comparison with outcome data of fresh ICSI and IVF cycles.Hum. Reprod. 2008; 23: 2227-2238
- Single embryo transfer: a mini-review.Hum. Reprod. 2005; 20: 323-327
- Nulliparity, fertility treatments and twins: a time for rethinking.Fertil. Steril. 2010; 93: 1957-1960
- The influence of maternal age on very preterm birth of twins: differential effects by parity.Paediatr. Perinat. Epidemiol. 2005; 19: 399-404
- Fresh versus frozen embryos for infertility in the polycystic ovary syndrome.N. Engl. J. Med. 2016; 375: 523-533
- Assisted reproductive technology in Europe, 2006: results generated from European registers by ESHRE.Hum. Reprod. 2010; 25: 1851-1862
- Birth weight standards in the live-born population in Israel.Isr Med Assoc J. 2005; 7: 311-314
- IVF results: optimize not maximize.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2006; 194: 322-331
- Severe ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome after gonadotrophin-releasing hormone (GnRH) agonist trigger and ‘freeze-all’ approach in GnRH antagonist protocol.Fertil. Steril. 2014; 101: 1008-1011
- Single embryo transfer and IVF/ICSI outcome: a balanced appraisal.Hum. Reprod. Update. 2005; 11: 105-121
- Revised guidelines for good practice in IVF laboratories (2015).Hum. Reprod. 2016; 31: 685-686
- Obstetric and perinatal outcomes in singleton pregnancies resulting from the transfer of frozen thawed versus fresh embryos generated throughin vitro fertilization treatment: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Fertil. Steril. 2012; 98: 368-377
- Obstetric and perinatal outcomes after either fresh or thawed frozen embryo transfer: an analysis of 112,432 singleton pregnancies recorded in the Human Fertilization and Embryology Authority anonymized dataset.Fertil. Steril. 2016; 106: 1703-1708
- Multiple gestations: timing of indicated late preterm and early-term births in uncomplicated dichorionic, monochorionic, and monoamniotic twins.Seminars in Perinatology. 2011: 277-285
- Comparison of perinatal outcomes following fresh and frozen-thawed blastocyst transfer.Int. J. Gynecol. Obstet. 2016; 135: 96-100
- Obstet. Gynecol. 2013; 121
- Fresh embryo transfer versus frozen embryo transfer inin vitro fertilization cycles: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Fertil. Steril. 2013; 99: 156-162
- Freeze-all policy: fresh versus frozen-thawed embryo transfer.Fertil. Steril. 2015; 103: 1190-1193
- Clinical rationale for cryopreservation of entire embryo cohorts in lieu of fresh transfer.Fertil. Steril. 2014; 102: 3-9
- Evidence of impaired endometrial receptivity after ovarian stimulation forin vitro fertilization: a prospective randomized trial comparing fresh and frozen–thawed embryo transfer in normal responders.Fertil. Steril. 2011; 96: 344-348
- Factors affecting low birthweight after assisted reproduction technology: difference between transfer of fresh and cryopreserved embryos suggests an adverse effect of oocyte collection.Hum. Reprod. 2008; 23: 1644-1653
- Timing of indicated late-preterm and early-term birth.Obstet. Gynecol. 2011; 118: 323
- Uterine overdistention induces preterm labor mediated by inflammation: observations in pregnant women and nonhuman primates.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2015; 213: 830-8e1
- Freeze-only versus fresh embryo transfer in a multicentre matched cohort study: contribution of progesterone and maternal age to success rates.Fertil. Steril. 2017; 108: 254-261
- Which one has a better obstetric and perinatal outcome in singleton pregnancy, IVF/ICSI or FET?: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Reprod. Biol. Endocrinol. 2016; 14: 51
Declaration: The authors report no financial or commercial conflicts of interest.