- •Only 7.4% of patients returned to use their cryopreserved oocytes
- •One-third of patients achieved a live birth using cryopreserved oocytes
- •No patient age 40 or older had a live birth with their cryopreserved oocytes
2021 Survey on Fertility Benefits, 2021. Mercer.
- Female age-related fertility decline. Committee Opinion No. 589.Fertil. Steril. 2014; 101 (https://doi.org/): 633-634https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2013.12.032
- Oocyte cryopreservation for social reasons: Demographic profile and disposal intentions of UK users.Reproductive BioMedicine Online. 2015; 31 (https://doi.org/): 239-245https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rbmo.2015.04.010
- Left Out in the Cold: Arguments Against Non-Medical Oocyte Cryopreservation.COMMENTARY. 2015; (https://doi.org/)https://doi.org/10.1016/S1701-2163(15)30365-0
- The new Italian IVF legislation.Reproductive BioMedicine Online. 2004; (https://doi.org/)https://doi.org/10.1016/S1472-6483(10)62118-9
- The dilemma of social oocyte freezing: usage rate is too low to make it cost-effective.Reprod. Biomed. Online. 2018; 37 (https://doi.org/): 443-448https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rbmo.2018.06.024
- Cryopreservation of human oocytes: a review of current problems and perspectives.Human Reproduction Update. 1996;
- PLANNED OOCYTE CYROPRESERVATION –10-15 YEAR FOLLOW-UP: RETURN RATES AND CYCLE OUTCOMES.Fertility and Sterility. 2020; 114 (https://doi.org/): e82-e83https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2020.08.253
- PREGNANCY AFTER HUMAN OOCYTE CRYOPRESERVATION.The Lancet. 1986; 327 (https://doi.org/): 884-886https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(86)90989-X
- Elective and Onco-fertility preservation: factors related to IVF outcomes.Hum. Reprod. 2018; 33 (https://doi.org/): 2222-2231https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/dey321
- Oocyte vitrification as an efficient option for elective fertility preservation.Fertility and Sterility. 2016; 105 (e8https://doi.org/): 755-764https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2015.11.027
Committee of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, E., Daar, J.J., Benward MSW, J., Collins, L.J., Davis, J. DO, Davis, O., Francis, L.J., Gates, E., Ginsburg, E., Gitlin, S., Klipstein, S., McCullough, L., Paulson, R., Reindollar, R., Ryan, G., Sauer, M.M., Tipton, S.M., Westphal, L., Zweifel, J., 2018. Planned oocyte cryopreservation for women seeking to preserve future reproductive potential: an Ethics Committee opinion. https://doi.org/ 10.1016/j.fertnstert.2018.08.027
- For Whom the Clock Ticks: Reproductive Ageing and Egg Freezing in Dutch and British News Media.Studies in the Maternal. 2014; 6 (https://doi.org/)https://doi.org/10.16995/sim.4
- Baby budgeting: oocyte cryopreservation in women delaying reproduction can reduce cost per live birth.Fertil. Steril. 2015; 103 (e1–2https://doi.org/): 1446-1453https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2015.02.029
- Successful elective and medically indicated oocyte vitrification and warming for autologous in vitro fertilization, with predicted birth probabilities for fertility preservation according to number of cryopreserved oocytes and age at retrieval.Fertility and Sterility. 2016; 105 (e2https://doi.org/): 459-466https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2015.10.026
Egg freezing in fertility treatment, trends and figures: 2010-2016, 2018.
Gardner, D.K., 1999. In-vitro culture of human blastocyst. Towards reproductive certainty : Infertility and genetics beyond 1999 378–388.
- Cycle regimens for frozen-thawed embryo transfer.Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2017; (https://doi.org/)https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD003414.pub3
- Predicting the likelihood of live birth for elective oocyte cryopreservation: a counseling tool for physicians and patients.Hum. Reprod. 2017; 32 (https://doi.org/): 853-859https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/dex008
- In favour of freezing eggs for non-medical reasons.Bioethics. 2009; (https://doi.org/)https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8519.2008.00679.x
- For whom the egg thaws: insights from an analysis of 10 years of frozen egg thaw data from two UK clinics, 2008–2017.Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics. 2019; 36 (https://doi.org/): 1069-1080https://doi.org/10.1007/s10815-019-01429-6
- Realizing a desired family size: When should couples start?.Human Reproduction. 2015; 30 (https://doi.org/): 2215-2221https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/dev148
- What do reproductive-age women who undergo oocyte cryopreservation think about the process as a means to preserve fertility?.Fertility and Sterility. 2013; 100 (https://doi.org/)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2013.07.201
- A major increase in oocyte cryopreservation cycles in the USA, Australia and New Zealand since 2010 is highlighted by younger women but a need for standardised data collection.Human Reproduction In press, 2020https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/deaa320 (https://doi.org/)
- Postponement and childlessness: Evidence from two British cohorts.Demographic Research. 2008; 19 (https://doi.org/): 1935-1964https://doi.org/10.4054/DemRes.2008.19.58
- Can assisted reproduction technology compensate for the natural decline in fertility with age? A model assessment.Human Reproduction. 2004; 19 (https://doi.org/): 1548-1553https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/deh304
- Public support in the United States for elective oocyte cryopreservation.Fertility and Sterility. 2016; 106 (https://doi.org/): 1183-1189https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2016.07.004
- Social egg freezing: The prospect of reproductive “immortality” or a dangerous delusion? in: Reproductive BioMedicine Online.Reprod. Biomed. Online. 2011; (https://doi.org/): 334-340https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rbmo.2011.05.010
Martin, J.A., Hamilton, B.E., Osterman, M.J.K., Driscoll, A.K., 2019. Births: Final Data for 2018 Figure 1. Number and rate of triplet and higher-order multiple births: United States, 1980-2018.
- Fertility and Sterility. 2013; 99 (https://doi.org/): 37-43https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2012.09.028
- Optimal timing for elective egg freezing.Fertil. Steril. 2015; 103 (e4https://doi.org/): 1551-1556https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2015.03.002
- It's Just Another Added Benefit”: Women's Experiences with Employment-Based Egg Freezing Programs.AJOB Empir. Bioeth. 2020; (https://doi.org/): 1-12https://doi.org/10.1080/23294515.2020.1823908
OECD Family Database - OECD [WWW Document], 2019. URLhttp://www.oecd.org/els/family/database.htm (accessed 1.15.21).
- From oocyte to baby: a clinical evaluation of the biological efficiency of in vitro fertilization.Fertil. Steril. 2009; 91 (https://doi.org/): 1061-1066https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2008.01.003
SART National Summary Report 2017 [WWW Document], n.d. . SART. URLhttps://www.sartcorsonline.com/rptCSR_PublicMultYear.aspx?reportingYear=2017 (accessed 12.3.20).
- Prospective randomized comparison of human oocyte cryopreservation with slow-rate freezing or vitrification.Fertility and Sterility. 2010; 94 (https://doi.org/): 2088-2095https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2009.12.065
- Relationship between maternal age and aneuploidy in in vitro fertilization pregnancy loss.Fertility and Sterility. 2004; 81: 5
- Does oocyte banking for anticipated gamete exhaustion influence future relational and reproductive choices? A follow-up of bankers and non-bankers.Human Reproduction. 2015; 30 (https://doi.org/): 338-344https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/deu317
- Expanding reproductive lifespan: a cost-effectiveness study on oocyte freezing.Hum. Reprod. 2011; 26 (https://doi.org/): 3054-3060https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/der284
- Elective oocyte freezing for nonmedical reasons: a 6-year report on utilization and in vitro fertilization results from a Swedish center.Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. 2019; 98 (https://doi.org/): 1429-1434https://doi.org/10.1111/aogs.13673
- UK lifts ban on frozen eggs.BMJ (Clinical research ed.). 2000; 320 (https://doi.org/): 334https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.320.7231.334/a