- Is it possible to develop a quantitative method for detecting parental DNA contamination in conventional IVF using preimplantation genetic testing for aneuploidy (PGT-A)?
- What is the effect of letrozole use in patients undergoing frozen embryo transfer (FET) with normal ovulation? Although the number of FETs is increasing, an optimal protocol for FET (particularly vitrified–warmed embryo transfer) is yet to be determined. The aim of this study was to evaluate letrozole use on patients with normal menstrual cycles compared with hormone replacement therapy (HRT) cycles and natural cycles.
- To characterize mobile fertility tracking applications (apps) to determine the use of such apps for women trying to conceive by identifying the fertile window.
- How are IVF clinic websites advertising three common IVF add-ons: assisted hatching, time-lapse embryo imaging and preimplantation genetic testing for aneuploidies (PGT-A)?
- This proceedings report presents the outcomes from an international expert meeting to establish consensus guidelines on IVF culture conditions. Topics reviewed and discussed were: embryo culture – basic principles and interactions; temperature in the IVF laboratory; humidity in culture; carbon dioxide control and medium pH; oxygen tension for embryo culture; workstations – design and engineering; incubators – maintaining the culture environment; micromanipulation – maintaining a steady physcochemical environment; handling practices; assessment practices; culture media – buffering and pH, general composition and protein supplementation, sequential or single-step media for human embryo culture; use and management – cold chain and storage; test equipment – calibration and certification; and laboratory equipment and real-time monitoring.
- Does a successful spontaneous pregnancy in the years close to natural menopause depend on age at menopause?
- Disclosure of donor conception to children was compared between solo mother and two-parent families with children aged 4–8 years conceived since the removal of donor anonymity in the UK. Semi-structured interviews were conducted with 31 heterosexual solo mothers and 47 heterosexual mothers with partners to investigate their decisions and experiences about identifiable donation and disclosure to their children. No significant difference was found in the proportion of mothers in each family type who had told their children about their donor conception (solo mothers 54.8%; partnered mothers 36.2%).
- The optimal age to cryopreserve oocytes for later use is before 36 years. Current users are on average 38 years old. In this cross-sectional study an online survey was constructed about the factors associated with the intentions of childless women aged 28–35 years to use fertility preservation (FP). Questions were derived from the Theory of Planned Behaviour (attitudes and subjective norms regarding FP and perceived behaviour control to do FP) and the Health Belief Model (perceived susceptibility of infertility, perceived severity of childlessness, barriers and benefits of FP and cue to use FP).